Friday, November 9, 2012

Mom

Little did I know last month when I posted about Dad's passing of 8 years ago, that I would be posting about mom's death only a month later.  What a month of emotions, tears, hospitals, laughter, memories, family gatherings and tender moments as we watched our mother and grandmother pass away on October 21, 2012 following a stroke.  She was a great mother and grandmother to over 120 of her posterity...always smiling and laughing, non-judgmental, kind, smart and articulate, she was the heart of our family

I counted on mom to keep me up on world events and politics, because I never watched t.v. and she always knew exactly what was going on in the world.
I counted on her to pick out good books for me, because I never visited the library since she retired 20 years ago and she always knew the best books to read.
I counted on her to cheer me up when I was having a bad day by just listening to her laugh and seeing her smile.
I counted on her to keep me abreast on what the rest of the family was doing because she always knew what was up with every single member.
I counted on her too much, I guess, because now there's a great big hole in my heart that no one else can seem to fill.

Mom always was so appreciative of us helping her with groceries, rides to the beauty parlor or church, but what she didn't know was that she was helping us so much more by just always being there for us.  Her presence was enough.  I'm so happy she's back with dad, her parents, her brothers and sisters and my little Micah and Anna...but, selfishly, I miss you mom!

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect tribute. She truly was a very special one. How lucky to have known her. I think of her often and hope and try my best just to be a little like her. We love Grandma and you too. Thank Heavens for eternal families!

    ReplyDelete