After a busy summer with lots of family and action, Rich and I spent a quiet couple of days camping at our favorite camp spot. We were the only ones in the entire area (except for a sheep herder who happened to be camped right across the creek from where we were - which we didn't realize until after we'd set up camp. He wasn't there much, however and was a friendly chap so we didn't mind.)
After a pleasant evening hike up to the lake, I shamefully beat Rich at our favorite game of Hand and Foot. (Or at least it used to be our favorite game...Rich is starting to not like it so much because I keep beating him - which is his fault because he's the one that taught me how to play!)
The next morning Rich sighted in his new gun while I took a walk and
then we went on a 35 mile 4-wheeler ride along the top of the world! If
it hadn't been so smokey in the valley we could have seen clear to
China I bet! We enjoyed a movie that night on our laptop computer and
then spent a lazy Saturday morning reading and relaxing before packing
up to come home. We kept the food easy and the work minimal so it
turned out to be a relaxing, pleasant weekend. Now for our trip to
Houston this week....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment