Monday, October 3, 2011

Ghost Town Adventure

On one of our weekend adventures, Rich and I went exploring an old ghost town just west of Dillon Montana called Bannock.  It was the original county seat of Montana settled during the gold rush and has since been deserted, but very well preserved.  It looked like a town out of an old west movie.  We had so much fun walking through the buildings!


 Rich at the bar of the old saloon!


The old church (which is really still standing)...I just can't figure out how to turn it the right way!

 Me preaching a "hell and damnation" sermon in the old church!


Rich in jail and he's not very happy about it...
Someone should tell him that the door is wide open! 


 
The Hotel Meade had a beautiful winding staircase.   We took a picture of  me coming down the stairs...but I looked like I weighed 300 pounds, so you'll just have to imagine! (The staircase...not me!)
The old school house which was also a Mason Hall (see the Mason signs at the top.)


Me, either bored or depressed that these are the same kind of desks  I used to sit in during grade school!  Could I really be as old as a ghost town?

No comments:

Post a Comment