Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS...

Rich and I went to Houston to visit Taylor and Erica. Even though it rained the entire time we still had lots of fun. We went for a long walk in the rain at a state park and saw alligators and all kinds of wild life; went aboard an old World War II Battleship; went to Galveston to the beach in the Gulf of Mexico and played lots of games. It was great being with them and seeing their new home. We haven't seen them since our wedding almost two years ago, so it was great for me to get to know them better. We're excited to have them home for Christmas! Notice the big blossoms hanging from the trees in their yard.

We did see some alligators, but they didn't come out of the water far enough for a good picture. but we did see a ton of big spiders... and ducks...and birds...
Rich at the Galveston Beach...warm water coming in from the Gulf of Mexico.

The World War II Battleship...

The guys cooking up a storm on the patio...

2 comments:

  1. Their house is adorable! It looks like you guys did lots of fun things. I'm with you, I can't wait for Christmas when we will all be together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Taylor and Erica's house! I'd be rather happy that the aligators weren't cooperating for pictures and were staying in the water haha. I'm glad you got to go see them.

    ReplyDelete